Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Seville - Spanish Ceramics

While walking around the streets of Spain you will come across some very 'tacky' souvenir shops, most of which will have come in from China! but this photo is the indoor display of one of the better class ceramic shops in Seville. Something like this would always make a nice present to take back for your family or friends!


Click on the picture to enlarge it and see the work that has gone into the detail of the different designs of each piece.

3 comments:

Michael Goodwin said...

Hi! Where is this store? I have some plates from here (Blue and white with gold on the edges), but I broke one, and I'm looking to replace it.

Thank you!

Michael
vocalizing@yahoo.com

Jackie said...

Hi Michael
I'm not sure exactly where the shop was, all I remember is that it was in the Jewish quarter in Seville.
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Hi Michael,
Did you ever find out what this shop is?? I was recently in Seville and wanted to buy one while but had to keep up with my tour group.

Thank you!

Linda
kingwoodkoenigs@aol.com